Day Two: Olive trees and blisters

Day two on the camino started with the included breakfast at the albergue. I had gotten a decent nights sleep as I was tired from the traveling and first day of walking. Still feeling homesick and not settled in yet I got some tostadas with jam and a cup of coffee. My polish friend left off before me, but we had the same destination that day, so I figured we would meet sooner or later anyways. 

The start of this stage was mostly along the main road, as it followed it out of town. After a couple of kilometers you take off the main road and continue on a dirt road. At that time the german cyclist had caught up to me, and we said goodbye and 'buen camino', as he would be going a lot further than me. Just after starting on the dirt roads I started to feel my blisters again and had to stop on the side of the road. Suddenly a rabbit jumped out in front of me and ran into the woods. It was my first proper wild animal-sighting of the trip, and even though it wasn't much, it gave a sort of calmness and feeling of being on the right way. 

The landscape shifted between forests of olive trees to aloe vera plants and cacti and then to big green fields. 

A big castle in contrast to the flat landscape


Even though I had just walked around thirty kilometers from the hustling and bustling in Sevilla I felt like I was miles away from civilization and the everyday worries back home. As I was contemplating about my everyday life I passed by the polish man, who had taken a break in the shade. The weather these two first days had been brilliant with perfect temperatures and almost a feel of Norwegian summer. I had been worried that I would encounter a lot of rain and cold temperatures at this time of the year, but so far, so good. 
The rest of the stage went well and I had found a rhythm that I felt comfortable with. These two first stages weren't too long and when I arrived in Castilblanco de los Arroyos I thought I had overcome my anxiety and feeling of insecurity. 
A sign of accomplishment

We both stayed at Casa Salvadora, which was a casa rural. As we had separate rooms we didn't see each other too much, which was also due to my tiredness and lack of wanting to socialize. 
The day ended with some microwaved tortilla and bread, and high hopes of the next day, which would be the longest, in distance, till now. 


Comments

  1. Really enjoying this. I walked most of the VDLP over the last two years and have very itchy feet at the moment - this helps! Looking forward to the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A sneak peak

Day One: Mules and Los Del Rio

Day Zero: Leaving my family behind